BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Broccoli Slaw



spicy turkey/broccoli slaw stir-fry --I also had brussel sprouts tonight--love them!


If you haven't already,go check out HUNGRY GIRL RIGHT NOW! She has lots of tips and tricks for making all the yummy not-so-good for us foods that we all crave a little healthier. I saw an article a few days ago on her site where she used broccoli slaw instead of carb-loaded pasta and made "spaghetti". I'm allergic to carrots and tomatoes so I had to improvise. It took me about 1/2 an hour but I managed to pick out all the slivers of carrots out (I added those to the guys' supper). I made a stir fry using turkey and my fave walmart brand spicy southwest mustard and it was delish.

Spicy Stir fry
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1/2 onion chopped
1 pound of ground turkey/chicken
salt/pepper to taste
walmart brand spicy southwest mustard (I used 1/2 a jar)
french cut green beans

To about 1 TBS of olive oil add chopped onion and turkey---cook until turkey is done and drain well---add in the broccoli slaw and about 1/4 cup of water to "steam" the slaw--I also added in about 1/2 cup of french cut green beans--cook until the veggies are done--if there is any water left drain well---pour into a large bowl and add in the mustard--stir well to coat everything--serve--

0 comments: