BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 26, 2011

a birthday cake











Today is a special day for me--it's my nephew's birthday. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I had a big hand is raising him for the first half of his life. I tell everyone he was my first baby.My sister had undiagnosed PPD after he was born,so I kind of stepped in and took alot of the pressure off her during his first months-and that turned into years LOL. I worked nights,so his mom didn't have to put him in daycare-I took care of him. One time,he had to be hospitalized with an eye infection and of course,I took care of him so his mom wouldn't have to miss any work. His dad came up to visit him one afternoon and was taking him down to the snack machine in the waiting area and all the nurses followed him thinking that he was snatching my baby! I still think that was funny. My "little" baby is now 6'4" and is 22 years old today. Last year the cake that they got for his birthday wasn't so good--they found a worm in it! Can we say EWWWWWW!? I can't imagine. YUCK! So this year,his brother asked if I would make him a cake. I baked it last night and decorated it this morning. I thought about playing a prank on him and planting a gummy worm in the middle but I didn't have gummy candy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY,Aaron!!! Like I always tell Zach-no matter how old/big you are,you'll still be my baby. Love ya,Kiddo....



Birthday Cake
3 eggs
1 box of cheesecake pudding mix
1 cup of water
1/4 cup oil
dash of vanilla

**oven at 350*F for about 30-40mins
Mix well and pour into a baking pan--bake until done. Let cake cool completely and decorate.

**I doubled the recipe to make the cake in the above pics.

0 comments: