BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Day Of Thanksgiving

I was browsing new blogs I had found and looking for new and interesting recipes when I came upon this: Sopapilla Cheesecake. Doesn't it look delicious!? This will be breakfast for us Thanksgiving morning-along with scrambled eggs and the kiddo's usual HASHBROWNS. Shortly after breakfast,I will put the turkey on and assemble the sides that need to be cooked--green beans,mashed potatoes,homemade cranberry sauce,rolls, and of course the gravy. This year I'm going to try an apple-cider gravy. I am going to try to baste the turkey a little differently this year too-I'll let you know if it turns out.

Cranberry Sauce

2 bags of cranberries
sugar
cinnamon
apple cider
water

I don't really have a recipe that I follow for cranberry sauce. I loosely follow one I found on FOOD NETWORK. Because I try to make diabetic friendly recipes whenever I can,I used a spenda blend for the sugar--and I don't really measure,I just add everything until I find that I like how it tastes. Make sense? It's kind of one of those "dump" recipes where you put it all together and let it cook. Couldn't be easier,right?

0 comments: