BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Spinach Casserole






I'm not sure whether to call this a casserole or a meat pie. A few weeks ago,I made something called a "cheeseburger quiche" from a recipe I saw in a magazine, and it was delicious. The past few days,I've been craving something like that again. I forgot to get a pie shell when I was out shopping the other day,so I had to improvise. A friend told me how she someitmes uses shredded hashbrown potatoes as a crust for things like this or fritattas. I did have about 1/2 a bag of those in the freezer. I was too exhausted yesterday (when am I not exhausted lately?) so I made it today.


Turkey/Spinach Casserole

2pounds ground turkey
1 bag of spinach
3 eggs
1/2 bag of SHREDDED hashbrown potatoes
1 small pack of ready chopped onion/celery
shredded italian cheeses
handful of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 jar of alfredo sauce
salt/pepper to taste

**heat oven to 400*F or higher if needed
**thaw shredded potatoes until they no longer feel "frozen"--pour into large bowl and add in a beaten egg--mix well and press into the bottom of a baking pan (I used a large one)--bake until they start to look "done".
saute onion/celery until they are soft-add ground turkey (or chicken) and cook until done--add in the spinach a handful at a time until it's wilted down enough to add it all---cook for a few mins---add in salt/pepper to your liking---drain well-- pour into large bowl--pour in the alfredo sauce and the cheeses (I used what I had left in the fridge-you can add more/less to your taste)---mix well--add in 2 beaten eggs and mix well--pour onto the hashbrown crust and return to oven to bake until it's brown and bubbly--top with more cheese and add back to oven till it's browned and melty---let sit a few mins before cutting so it won't fall apart.

0 comments: