BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home-made freezer pops

I saw this recipe in a FOOD NETWORK magazine a few months ago-haven't tried them yet but they are pretty.The recipe says to combine 1 1/2 cups of fruit juice or fruit nectar with 2 TBS of superfine sugar with 1 1/2 cups of peach nectar. As usual,I didn't-I made my own variation.I used straight nectar and froze it into freezer pop molds.I also froze the leftovers into extra ice molds.My son has been asking for a "snow cone". Now down South,that's basicly shaved ice with a SWEET,STICKY,SYRUP poured over the ice-not really something I want to add to his diet,you know.I know this has some sugar but probably not as much as the stuff at the snow cone stands.Last year we bought a homemade snow cone maker.I got to thinking that instead of using the syrups at all that I could freeze juices/smoothies,nectars into ice molds and then just shave it and it would already have the flavor in it.We haven't tried it but I just might pull it out this weekend.

0 comments: