BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning Muffins


My batch had enough to make a full tray of full-sized muffins and a tray of mini muffins.



Well,I had the kitchen to myself for a bit this morning while the hubby took grandpa to PT. I wanted to make muffins for sunday's breakfast but was soooo rushed that it didn't happen,so they turned into today's treat. This was the first time I've made muffins totally from scratch--I usually take the easy/quick way out and use a packaged mix. This wasn't tooo hard--and they turned out DELICIOUS! I found a recipe on FOODNETWORK,but didn't have everything so I tweaked it a bit....

Chocolatey Muffins
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I had special dark)
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
4 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I had minis so I used 2 cups)

In large bowl,wisk together the flour,cocoa,baking powder,baking soda, and salt--
In another bowl wisk together the eggs,butter,sugar,milk,oil, and vanilla---

pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until it is just combined.
Pour into greased muffin tins (or you can use the cupcake paper cups). Bake for about 25-30mins at 350*F

Original Recipe

0 comments: