BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

went on a baking spree this morning..............


The hubby's fave bean soup--16 bean soup with kelbasa.



I used the same recipe as in the loaf below,just sprinkled top with almond slices and baked in bundt pan.




I've been wanting pumpkin bread for a few weeks and today the baking bug just bit me I guess. I was going to make some strussel muffins,but got tired LOL. So I will make those later this week.The pumpkin bread was very easy to make. I was out of a few items and had to make substitutions,but in the end,you couldn't tell. It was very good. One of the loaves was devoured by the hubby and grandpa. I have one loaf that is supposed to be for the freezer but I think I might leave it out and let the guys snack on it. I split the bundt and delivered to friends and neighbors.The hubby was feeling sickly today (blames it on getting the flu shot yesterday), so I made him a feel good meal--his favorite soup-16 bean soup with kelbasa. I usually throw it in the crockpot and let it cook all day,but today I cooked it on top of the stove-it still cooked most of the day. It turned out nice too-perfect eats for a chilly evening.


Pumpkin Bread

2cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups whole-wheat flour
2teaspoons baking powder
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 small can -15oz pumpkin pie mix
2 eggs
1cup splenda for baking
1/3 cup fruit juice (I used cran-strawberry)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
the peel of 1 whole orange

combine the flours,cinnamon,allspice,salt,baking powder and baking soda--
in another large bowl,combine pumpkin,eggs,splenda,honey,juice,orange peel-stir well--slowly mix in the flour mixture until it is just combined--pour into greased baking loaf pans (or bundt pan) and bake at 350*F for between 50-55mins ***if you would like you may add nuts to the mix or just sprinkle on top like I did with the bundt--

0 comments: