BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spicy Turkey and brown rice


I think I got the turkey TOO spicy tonight-my mouth was on FIRE!

This is one of my staples when the guys want something I can't eat-I try to have some in the fridge or freezer at all times. It can also be made with Quinoa (which honestly I prefer).

1-2lbs ground turkey
2 bags of quick cook brown rice
sam's southwest spicy mustard
salt/pepper to taste
olive oil

Add a few tbs of olive oil to a skillet and cook turkey until completely done-drain-prepare the rice according to box instructions--drain--mix with the turkey--add in enough of the mustard to make the mixture "moist" but not runny....
*sometimes I will eat this in whole grain wraps or in taco shells--it is delish!
*you can add in corn/black beans--or bell peppers-whatever you like!

0 comments: