BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

playdate wednesday

We had another impromptu playdate today at the church playground just down the block from our house. The ladies again saved me from the drudgery of laundry LOL. The hubby did the laundry for me and the kiddo and I went off to play.(Hubby's a keeper!) There was a nice breeze blowing,but it still got HOT-we need some more shade at that playground! It was definately a sun-screen type of day.I am going to put together a "playdate" bag filled with little things we need like SUNSCREEN,wipes,SUNGLASSES,a blanket or towel to sit on and keep in the car,so if a playdate ensues,I won't have to rush around trying to remember it all.


For supper,the guys had enchilada casserole from the freezer and I had a veggie "chicken" burger and an apple. It was surprisingly filling. I got a box of goodies in the mail today.A cookbook book club invited me to join again so I jumped at it.I love books-cook books especially.I have a huge plastic bin filled with nothing but cookbooks-I so need to get another book case for the living room-hint hint hubby! I got the Pioneer Woman cookbook,The Moosewood Restraunt cookbook for health (vegan),a book about backyard veggie gardening (hoping to learn some tips and tricks), and the Rachael Ray Big Orange Book that was a free gift. One book was on back order so hopefully it will be in soon.Sadly,there aren't alot of vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in the club's offerings.Hopefully,that will change.

0 comments: