BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday meal plan


I PICKED UP A BUNCH OF TURNIPS WHEN I BOUGHT THE BROCCOLI-IT HAD TO BE COOKED BY TODAY,SO I BLANCHED IT AND LET IT COOL AND FROZE IT-IT'LL BE READY FOR ANOTHER DAY.

THIS TURNED OUT FABULOUS---EXCEPT FOR THE GRAVY-IT DIDN'T TURN OUT FOR ME THIS TIME-I'M USUALLY PRETTY GOOD AT WHIPPING OUT A GRAVY.

THIS TURNED OUT SOOO GOOD! NEXT TIME THOUGH,I'M LEAVING OUT THE ONIONS AND USING LESS CREAM.

IT'S EVEN PURPLE ON THE INSIDE!! COOL-TASTY TOO!

I JUST LOVE LITTLE BABY POTATOES!

I found a buy one get one free deal on spinach the other day at the store,so tonight we're having spinach.I've never had or made creamed spinach,so I am going to give it a shot.I'm using a food network recipe.In the same foodnetwork episode,Sunny Anderson also made chicken fried steak.I've never had any luck getting it good and crunchy-whenever I made it the crust usually ends up coming off before the meat's done or it just crumbles off-not good eats LOL.Grandpa got one of those meat tenderizing machine thingies so today I made the hubby run the "steaks" through it.I am using sirloin steaks and sometimes they can be a little tough.I hope the tenderizer thing did the trick.I'm not sure if I'll try Sunny's potato gravy with the chicken fried steaks or not-depends on how I feel when I get into the kitchen,but here is the recipe.Pics will follow soon...........

Dinner turned out very good.I used SA's recipes but with the creamed spinach,I used fat free sour cream and fat free cream and instead of pre-cooked spinach,I used fresh spinach.It was good,but a little too soupy so next time I try it,I am cutting back on the cream and probably leaving out the onions.I did not use her gravy recipe although I probably should have-mine didn't turn out very good tonight LOL.The chicken fried steaks turned out fabulous although the tenderizer thingie kinda shredded a few a little too much.Instead of mashed potatoes,I roasted a bunch of fingerline potatoes-including some peruvian purple potatoes.YUMMMY!!

0 comments: